Sunday 9 May 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies



Sorry for the long absence, life has been pretty hectic lately but I won't go into it here. I was super excited to unpack my new KitchenAid but didn't have time to make all the things I envisioned - bread, cinnamon rolls, caramel walnut banana torte, cakes, cookies....
Well I did actually make a cake but it was a complete disaster so I won't be blogging about it. Anyway, I  had a late night craving for cookies, as you do, so decided to whip up some good ol' chocolate chip cookies (with the help of my KitchenAid of course!)
These are soft, chewy cookies which were really gooey and delicious straight from the oven.

Life is so simple with a KitchenAidCookie dough
Tip: use a small ice cream scoop to get even sized cookiesYummy :)

Ingredients
220g butter
120g (160g)brown sugar
80g (110g)caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
200g (250g) chocolate chips

Note: I reduced the sugar and chocolate chips in this recipe as I prefer mine less sweet. Original values are in brackets

  • Preheat the oven to 190C
  • Beat the butter and sugars together until smooth.
  • Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until combined.
  • Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together and stir into the butter mixture.
  • Add the chocolate chips.
  • Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough on to baking sheets. I used a small ice-cream scoop - perfect for getting even sized cookies.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the surface is just set but the centres are still soft.
  • Leave to cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes then transfer to wire racks and allow to cool completely.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, good to see you have already started using your kitchenaid! Is it not just awesome???
    Cookies look totally fab.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have a new Kitchenaid. It makes whipping up a batch of delicious cookies like these a breeze.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!