Friday 6 August 2010

Banana bread with sultanas and pecans


Final one in my banana series for now. I initially wanted to make a wholemeal banana loaf but realised too late I'd run out of wholemeal flour. I also did not have any walnuts to hand. However I had pecan nuts and sultanas so decided to make up my own recipe. The final result was surprisingly good. The bread was moist and tasted quite strongly of bananas  (I used extremely ripe bananas) I love the added crunch of the nuts and the sultanas complemented the banana flavour well. 


115g butter
115g sugar
225g self raising flour
2 eggs
3 medium bananas
1 cup sultanas
1 cup pecans (or walnuts)


  • Preheat oven to 180C.
  • Mash the bananas in a bowl.
  • Cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer or hand mixer. 
  • Add the eggs and continue mixing. 
  • Add the mashed bananas and mix together. 
  • Add in the flour, sultanas and nuts. 
  • Transfer the mix to a loaf tin. 
  • Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. 

2 comments:

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!