Final offering for the Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning are these delectable chocolate chip flapjacks. I've not made flapjacks before and they looked a little liquid when they came out of the oven but firmed up easily enough. I made the mistake of not letting the mixture cool completely so my chocolate chips did melt a little but I just added more in!
225g demerara sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
275g rolled oats
100g plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar and syrup and then stir in the oats.
- Mix well and then leave to cool before stirring in the chocolate chips.
- Note: Do make sure that the flapjack mixture is quite cool before you add the chocolate chips or they will simply melt into the mixture instead of staying whole.
- Turn into the prepared tin and press flat with a palette knife or back of a spoon.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35 minutes or until pale golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and then leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Mark into 24 squares and leave to finish cooling in the tin.