Saturday, 2 October 2010

Chocolate Chip Flapjacks

Final offering for the Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning are these delectable chocolate chip flapjacks. I've not made flapjacks before and they looked a little liquid when they came out of the oven but firmed up easily enough. I made the mistake of not letting the mixture cool completely so my chocolate chips did melt a little but I just added more in! 

ready to go in the oven 


back left at the coffee morning - not much to look at but tasted good :) 

225g butter
225g demerara sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
275g rolled oats
100g plain chocolate chips

  • Preheat the oven to 160C.
  • Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar and syrup and then stir in the oats. 
  • Mix well and then leave to cool before stirring in the chocolate chips. 
  • Note: Do make sure that the flapjack mixture is quite cool before you add the chocolate chips or they will simply melt into the mixture instead of staying whole. 
  • Turn into the prepared tin and press flat with a palette knife or back of a spoon. 
  • Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35 minutes or until pale golden brown. 
  • Remove from the oven and then leave to cool for about 10 minutes. 
  • Mark into 24 squares and leave to finish cooling in the tin. 


  1. your flapjacks look delicious! in the states flapjacks are another name for pancakes, yours look so much better!

  2. I adore flapjacks but I've never had a chocolate one - what a great idea!

  3. Wonderful flapjacks, I'll take ten :). One is for the hubby, you know?
    *kisses* HH


I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!