Whenever I have over-ripe bananas, I tend to make banana bread. It's really quick and easy to make and perfect for breakfast or tea. I love nuts and honey so thought this recipe would be perfect for me and it didn't fail to disappoint. The bread was really moist and flavourful.
Look out for some festive baking next week!
175g softened butter , plus extra for greasing
175g golden caster sugar
140g self-raising flour
85g ground almonds
½ tsp baking powder
2 small, very ripe bananas
50g pecans , chopped, plus extra
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin with a long strip of baking parchment.
- To make the loaf cake batter, beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the bananas in a few chunks and beat in with the eggs, flour, almonds, baking powder and milk until smooth - the whisk will mash the bananas.
- Stir in the pecans, then scrape into the tin.
- Bake for 45-50 mins until golden, risen and a skewer poked in comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin, then lift out.