I love palmiers and since I've started baking I've attempted making my favourite recipes at home, often with a little modification. I never knew it was so easy to make a "cheats version" of palmier using store bought puff pastry. It's really quick and simple to make and absolutely delicious.
My oven was not quite hot enough so the pastry was a little soggy but it still tasted great. I'd like to try a traditional sugar palmier next. Any tips on how to get it hard and crispy?
1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
57g butter, melted
1 box of puff pastry (or you could make your own!)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Mix all the ingredients into a paste.
- Roll pastry dough into a large rectangle.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the cinnamon sugar paste in a thin, even layer over the dough.
- Starting at the long ends of the rectangle, loosely roll each side inward until they meet in the middle.
- Slice the pastry cross-wise into 1/4 inch palmiers (they'll look like little scrolls) and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they puff and turn golden brown.