This is the first time I've baked with matcha powder or green tea. (I made these cookies before I made the green tea chocolate bundt cake). I followed the recipe exactly and I think it has too much tea in it. The tea flavour was very strong and the result was a slightly bitter tasting cookie. I would probably add a little more sugar and less tea next time. It was still very nice especially if eaten slowly. I love the colour of the green tea but they turned a little brown when cooked.
50g icing sugar (add a little more if you prefer your cookies on the sweeter side)
135g plain flour
15g green tea powder (I would try using 5-10g instead but if you like strong tea flavour then stick to 15g)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, cornflour, green tea powder and mix well until a dough is formed.
- Scoop dough into a piping bag and pipe evenly on to a baking tray.
- Alternatively drop tablespoonful of dough on to a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 13-15 minutes until lightly browned.