Sunday 13 February 2011

Horlicks Cookies


In case you didn't know, it was Chinese New Year on the 3rd of February 2011.  It's the year of the Rabbit but I don't know how to make rabbit shaped cookies so I made these instead. They were supposed to be puppies but I think they look more like bears.  I also tried some with 'cornflake ears' to give it a slightly more doll like appearance.  The cookies themselves are extremely more-ish.  The Horlicks flavour brings back childhood memories. They smell amazing too! I love how they each have their own character. It was time consuming to make but really good fun and everyone definitely enjoyed eating them.


 definitely a bear I think 



 A doll? 


 mama bear 

 papa bear 

Makes ~ 40
180g butter
100g Horlicks
200g flour
25g cornflour
50g sugar

Decoration
Weetos cereal or cornflakes
Chocolate chips
Chocolate strands


  • Preheat oven to 140C.
  • Cream the butter and Horlicks for about 3 minutes at a low speed with an electric mixer. 
  • Add in the flour, cornflour and sugar and beat for a further minute.
  • Divide the dough into balls. 
  • Insert 2 pieces of Weetos for the ears, chocolate strands for the eyes and a chocolate chip for the nose.
  • Bake for about 25 minutes. 

6 comments:

  1. you're on a roll with the visuals - first those fab ducks, now these! So cute - I agree they look more like bears, but bears are great so hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww well done. They are so adorable and you can definitely see the animal resemblance in these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just darling! I love it how each one seems to have its own little expression.
    *kisses* HH
    p.s. happy Valentine's Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just so adorable! Happy (late) Chinese New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *claps hands* These are just adorable!! I would be thrilled if someone made me such cute cookies! And I'm a rabbit by the way, and I'm happy this is my year!!

    Three cheers for rabbits!! And thank you for honoring us with your beautiful cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!