In case you didn't know, it was Chinese New Year on the 3rd of February 2011. It's the year of the Rabbit but I don't know how to make rabbit shaped cookies so I made these instead. They were supposed to be puppies but I think they look more like bears. I also tried some with 'cornflake ears' to give it a slightly more doll like appearance. The cookies themselves are extremely more-ish. The Horlicks flavour brings back childhood memories. They smell amazing too! I love how they each have their own character. It was time consuming to make but really good fun and everyone definitely enjoyed eating them.
Makes ~ 40
Weetos cereal or cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 140C.
- Cream the butter and Horlicks for about 3 minutes at a low speed with an electric mixer.
- Add in the flour, cornflour and sugar and beat for a further minute.
- Divide the dough into balls.
- Insert 2 pieces of Weetos for the ears, chocolate strands for the eyes and a chocolate chip for the nose.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.