Wednesday 2 March 2011

Coffee Biscuits with Almond Flakes




Yet another simple and delicious recipe from my mum.  This is a 'freezer box' cookie where you can make the dough in advance and freeze until required.  If you are a coffee lover then this is definitely a cookie for you to try.  Its really light and crumbly with the wonderful aroma and taste of coffee.  The added crunch of the almond flakes gives it a nice texture. 


 cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy 

 adding coffee


320g self raising flour
70g almond flakes
250g butter
90g icing sugar
2 tablespoons instant coffee and 2 tablespoons water


  • Preheat oven to 180C. 
  • Bake almond flakes for 5-10mins until light brown. 
  • Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy as shown. 
  • Dissolve coffee in hot water.  Leave to cool. 
  • Stir coffee mixture into the butter mixture until well mixed. 
  • Add in flour and mix well. 
  • Add in almond flakes and stir to form a dough.
  • Chill dough for 20 mins.
  • Divide dough into portions, wrap in clingfilm and freeze. (You can also bake the cookies immediately)
  • When you want your cookies, remove from freezer and cut into slices. 
  • Bake at 180C for 15 minutes. 

15 comments:

  1. I need these biscuits for my tea break now. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bookmarked this recipe. I love coffee, and I think I will have to make this!

    I think instead of using coffee though I will use some of my homemade coffee liqueur. Sounds wonderful!

    If I make the cookies is it okay if I post the recipe on my website? I would list you as the recipe source and link to your website if I have your permission.

    Anyway, what I love about this recipe is that it can be frozen and taken out and baked any time. That's perfect for me because we just can't eat that many cookies at once.

    Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. I imagine these would be perfect for the morning tea cuppa ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bookmarked this article. I'll try to do this on my free time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want those.. mouth watering biscuits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Wow! So yummy, I'm bookmarking this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant flavour combination. I think Mr P would really love these.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Zoe - They go very well with tea.

    @sheila - Of course you can post the recipe on your site. Coffee liqueur sounds great. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    @chele - thanks. Definitely good for breakfast

    @viet - yes they are :)

    @sofie - definitely try it, its worth it.

    @marge - thanks.

    @umm mymoonah - do try it!

    @HH - thanks. I'm sure Mr P would love them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of my family would go nuts for these (no pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to make more cookie recipes that I can keep in the freezer so we can have fresh cookies any time. Love the swirly batter picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey daaahling, just wanted to let you know I'm doing a give away on my blog for a £50 Amazon gift card :), do stop over and enter!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! How many cookies would this recipe make? I'm thinking of making it for a picnic with my friends :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Ros,
    I have just made your coffee biscuits with almonds today, I shaped them with crinkle edge round cutters and then sprinkled them with some icing sugar... scrumptiously delicious! Thank you so much,it was a real success in my household!! Keep baking x
    Veronica
    http://trueicondesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh those look great! I will definitely consider making something similar for Xmas!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!