Yet another simple and delicious recipe from my mum. This is a 'freezer box' cookie where you can make the dough in advance and freeze until required. If you are a coffee lover then this is definitely a cookie for you to try. Its really light and crumbly with the wonderful aroma and taste of coffee. The added crunch of the almond flakes gives it a nice texture.
320g self raising flour
70g almond flakes
90g icing sugar
2 tablespoons instant coffee and 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Bake almond flakes for 5-10mins until light brown.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy as shown.
- Dissolve coffee in hot water. Leave to cool.
- Stir coffee mixture into the butter mixture until well mixed.
- Add in flour and mix well.
- Add in almond flakes and stir to form a dough.
- Chill dough for 20 mins.
- Divide dough into portions, wrap in clingfilm and freeze. (You can also bake the cookies immediately)
- When you want your cookies, remove from freezer and cut into slices.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.