This recipe combines 2 of my favourite snacks - peanut butter and nutella. When I saw it on Barbara Bake's blog I knew I had to make it and that it would be extremely delicious and I was not wrong! The smell alone is enough to make your mouth water. It was delightfully crunchy with the right amount of peanut butter and the added lovely richness of nutella. Heaven on a plate :) Don't ask how many of these cups I ate! I did manage to share some... believe it or not and everyone loved it too!
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
150g light brown sugar (I reduced amount of sugar from the original recipe)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy but you can use smooth as well)
- Sift the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add peanut butter and continue beating on low speed.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until just blended.
- Cover dough with clingfilm and chill until firm (I skipped this step as I was too impatient and it turned out fine).
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Roll dough into 1.5 inch balls.
- Place each ball in a cup of a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are browned and crackled, the centres will not be completely set.
- Make a small deep well in the centre of the cookie while the dough is still warm (I used the end of a rolling pin).
- Fill with Nutella while still warm - it will melt and spread easily.