It's good to be back after a brief hiatus from the kitchen. I actually made these a few months back now but I still remember them. If you haven't already noticed, Oreos are one of my favourite snacks and I do bake with them quite frequently. So after a long break, I am doing a double whammy - Oreo brownies here and Oreo cheesecake next.
I have to admit these are not the best brownies I've ever had but they were chocolatey and cakey. I do prefer my brownies on the gooey side but if you like them cakey then this is the recipe for you!
250g plain chocolate
270g caster sugar
5 large eggs
150g plain flour
4 packs of mini oreo cookies or 1 pack of regular sized cookies, roughly broken
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and add sugar, mixing with a large balloon whisk.
- Once sugar is combined, whisk the eggs together in a large bowl and add to the brownie mixture, mixing until smooth.
- Add flour and 1/3 of cookies or 2 mini packs, stirring until combined.
- Pour mixture into a tray and crumble the remaining cookies over the top (No need to crumble if using mini oreos, just sprinkle evenly).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.