I still had some leftover butterscotch chips and was debating what to bake with them. I then saw this recipe on cookie sleuth's blog and knew I wanted to make it. I love the combination of butterscotch and pecans. It was a nice, crunchy, semi-sweet cookie with a good "oaty" flavour which makes it seem healthier! A definite improvement on these oatmeal scotchies I made earlier in the year.
85g brown sugar
50g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
210g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
250g rolled oats
100g chopped pecans
220g butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the pecans and butterscotch chips and mix well.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, place dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.