If you haven't already figured it out, I love baking with bananas and am always looking for new recipes. I've been wanting to try this for a while as it has bananas and nutella, both firm favourites with me. Unfortunately, I baked this whilst I was busy working and so didn't pay attention to the recipe and missed swirling the batter. Oh well, its not very pretty but it was definitely tasty. I'll have to make it again with a beautiful swirl. To see what it should look like, click over to the food librarian who inspired this recipe.
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
225g caster sugar
3 medium bananas, mashed
1/3 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Scoop nutella into a medium bowl and mix with a spoon to soften but do not heat.
- Cream butter and sugar at medium speed in an electric mixer.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add to the batter.
- Add the mashed bananas and yoghurt.
- At low speed, add the flour mixture.
- Scoop out 1 cup of batter and fold in the nutella.
- Spoon plain batter into a prepared bundt pan.
- Top with nutella mixture and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.