Tuesday 22 November 2011

Banana, pecan and chocolate loaf


Another banana recipe! This time with nuts and chocolate for a change. I love making banana bread as it's so simple to make and always tastes good. The bananas guarantee the moistness and you can add pretty much anything to it - fruit, nuts, honey, chocolate.  If I've labelled my blog correctly, this is the 17th recipe with bananas that I've posted! I will have even more exciting banana posts as I have a very exciting, new cookbook which I will tell you about in due course.  I'll let you in on a little secret - I actually buy bananas to ripen at home so I can bake with them. Please tell me I'm not the only one! :)



3 ripe bananas, mashed
170g caster sugar
185g self-raising flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons milk
100g dark chocolate chips
90g pecans, chopped (you can also use walnuts)

  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Grease and line a loaf tin. 
  • Mix the mashed bananas and sugar in a large bowl until combined.
  • Add the flour, eggs, oil and milk. 
  • Stir until combined.
  • Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. 
  • Pour into the tin and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre come out clean.
  • Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin before turning out to a wire rack to cool completely.  

16 comments:

  1. I noticed the bananas in our fruit bowl were looking pretty ripe today, and my brain went "BANANA BREAD!" I LOVE bananas in baking so this loaf sounds like something I need to try. Looking forward to more of your banana bakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see how moist it is in the centre! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just tagged you for Food Bloggers Unplugged, details of how to join in are HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm the same... cant make enough banana loaves to be honest... I just made another one the other day... love em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum look at those lovely pockets of melting chocolate, I love banana bread so much! this looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fabulous combination! Nuts, banana and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This loaf looks and sounds delicious! What size loaf tin did you use for it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

    @hungryhinny - I don't know what size it is so I've measured it - it's 9 x 4 inches and 2 inches deep. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does help, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love banana bread, this one looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!