Wednesday 9 November 2011

Cookies and Cream Cookies



If you don't already know, I'm a huge fan of oreos and I love baking with them. I've already blogged about 12 oreo bakes on my blog and I'd like to add this to the list. Oreo cookies within a cookie - what else could you ask for? I came across this recipe from an American Cupcake in London - which is a really cool blog so do check it out if you haven't already. It's a really simple recipe and very quick to put together. If you're anything like me then you will already have these items in your cupboard. 


 mixing in the oreos - yum! 



Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies 

113g butter
75g caster sugar
75g brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
156g flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 Oreos

  • Preheat the oven to 180C. 
  • Grease and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. 
  • Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  • Add the egg and vanilla extract.
  • Slowly add the flour mixture.
  • Crumble oreo cookies and stir in by hand. 
  • Drop heaped tablespoonfuls of dough (or use a small ice cream scoop) onto a lined baking tray, spaced well apart. 
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges turn golden brown. 
  • Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 


13 comments:

  1. O wow these look so yummy I almost can't take it!!!

    Nom! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Funnily enough I haven't ever baked using oreos but I love the idea of a biscuit within a biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies with oreos in them? Oh yeah I have to make these!! My oreo loving family will be so pleased :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! A cookie within a cookie! I must give these a go :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked them! They are pretty tasty cookeis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its like cannibal cookies!... the little oreos have been eaten by the big cookie!!!... which is bot scary and very yummy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, me too, I ADORE oreos!!! I hope they bring Nutter Butters to the UK supermarkets too one day, they are my favourite american cookie.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well look out for my next couple of blogs then cause the cookies coming up are even more delicious than the ones I posted! Oreos - yum, you really can't go wrong with an Oreo cookie (wish I was eating on one right now!). I'm also super hopeful that Sainsbury's will be selling the white chocolate covered Oreo's again this Christmas, have you ever tried them? they are immense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you are a mean women ... I'm on a diet you know! But seeing as you have asked so nicely I will defo book mark this recipe ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never have thought to put oreos in a recipe!

    They look delicious :)

    Jazz xo
    cupcakesnsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oreos in a cookie sounds like heaven to me! Haven't made cookies in so long either - fab excuse to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A cookies within a cookie? Inception!

    Also, these look so good that I can curb my inner pedant who wants to point out that a cookies and cream flavored cookie is a redundancy. Because delicious, that's why :)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!