Wednesday 16 November 2011

Oat and Cranberry cookie



I saw this recipe on one of my favourite blogs, Lavender and Lovage. She made them as a secret recipe club challenge where the original recipe came from Patti's Comfy Cuisine. I love cookies and couldn't wait to try them out after the glowing review from both bloggers. I've made a similar version with pecan nuts and white chocolate chips, in fact one of my first few posts on this blog. I may have to make those again for a comparison taste test!  Regardless, I really like this version as it's simple and tasty. It's quick to put together and you can make various variations with this recipe. I modified the recipe very slightly (just reduced the sugar amounts) and managed to get 48 cookies of the size shown! 


Makes approx 48 cookies of size shown 
225g butter
150g brown sugar
75g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
185g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
370g rolled oats
145g dried cranberries

  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
  • Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well. 
  • Stir in the oats and dried cranberries.
  • Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie dough spaced well apart on a lined baking sheet. 
  • Bake for approximately 10 -12 minutes until golden brown. 
  • Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

15 comments:

  1. I love all of your table clothes! I could just go for some of these cookies now.

    Nom! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nom - they're all from Cath Kidston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks love! What a treat to see them posted again! Following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like they are great yummy cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, I could do with one of those to dunk in my midnight cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this is one of my favourite cookies! I love the flavour and texture that oatmeal gives cookies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mum is having a bit of a cranberry craze at the moment! I know that this recipe will be put to good use, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is such a great recipe isn't it? Glad you liked them too!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, I saw these and thought about how yummy they looked too, I love your version of them... cookies are not my strong point but these look so good, wonderful with a cup of tea and a moment to yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound delicious and healthy because of the oats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh these look good. I love an oaty biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cranberries, white chocolate and cookies are best friends and should hang out together more often.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Nice post. Thanks for sharing with us. I would like to share information about the company. The healthcare app development company is at the forefront of innovation, specializing in creating state-of-the-art mobile applications that revolutionize the healthcare industry. With a team of dedicated experts, they design and develop custom healthcare apps that enhance patient care, streamline medical processes, and provide secure and accessible health information.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!