Welcome to AlphaBakes, a new blogging challenge which will be hosted on alternate months by Ros from The More Than Occasional Baker (host for February) and Caroline from Caroline Makes. This will be a monthly challenge where the aim is to bake with an ingredient that starts with the random alphabet letter chosen for that month. We debated about working through the alphabet in sequence but it's much more fun having a random letter which will keep us all on our toes. We won't repeat the same letter unless we have been through all of them! By then we will hopefully have come up with some new ideas (we already have a few knocking about).
We will be using a random letter generator to ensure fairness :) http://www.randomlettergenerator.com/
For now, please do join in and indulge your creative side. Most bakers like a challenge and it would be interesting to see what everyone comes up with for the same letter. In case the idea is not clear, I'll give you some examples.....
'A' can be apples, apricots or Anzac cookies
'B' can be banana, bread or a bumblebee cake
'C' can be coconut, cheesecake or a chocolate caramel cupcake
.... the possibilities are endless!
Each challenge will start on the 1st of every month and finish by the 25th of every month. A round up will be posted on the host blog by the 1st of the next month.
Now on to the rules which you MUST comply with
1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.
2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.
3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.
4. Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:
- Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
- Your blog post URL
- Recipe title
- Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)
5. You can submit as many entries as you like.
6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.
7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.
9. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.
10. Have fun! :)
The AlphaBakes Challenge will start on the 1st of February. The random letter selected is 'L' which will be hosted by Ros @bakingaddict from The More Than Occasional Baker