It's Secret Recipe reveal day again for Group D. The secret recipe club was started by Amanda from Amanda's Cookin' The idea is simple - each month you are assigned a blog which you keep secret hence the name and make a recipe from that blog. Someone else will have your blog too. All posts are revealed at the same time on a set date. As Amanda says, its a fun way to discover new blogs, make new friends and step outside of our comfort zones.
This month I have been assigned Cakes and More! who describes herself as a "hardcore foodie with an incorrigible sweet tooth" You can imagine my delight when I saw the name of the blog :) I think I've mentioned previously that one of my fears is being assigned a blog with no cakes or bakes but all the bloggers are so versatile it has never happened. Back to Cakes and More!.. if you've never visited, please head on over and check out her amazing blog. It is full of beautiful pictures to accompany the detailed recipes. There were so many recipes I wanted to try on her blog but I eventually settled on this cream cheese bundt cake which sounded interesting and I love bundt cakes. Others that made my shortlist are orange yoghurt cake, citrus tuiles, mocha brownies and moist chocolate bundt cake.
Back to this cream cheese bundt cake. It was the perfect opportunity to use my new miniature bundt pan from America. I added some orange blossom water, orange zest and orange juice as I thought it would complement the cream cheese. The cake was deliciously moist and light with the right amount of citrus. If you tasted it carefully, you can actually taste the cream cheese. I'll definitely be making this again either plain or with other flavours.
Recipe adapted from Cakes and More!
Note: this recipe yielded 6 miniatures bundts and 2 medium sized bundts as shown. I should have made half the recipe but they were all gone as they were delicious!
225g cream cheese
675g sugar(!! not sure if I did the conversion correctly) - I only used 300g which was fine but use 350g - 400g if you prefer a sweeter bake
2 teaspoon orange blossom water
1 teaspoon salt
zest of 1 orange
1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
Mix 50g icing sugar with enough orange juice to give a spreading consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Butter and flour your bundt tins.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter in an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue mixing.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the orange blossom water, orange juice and orange zest.
- Finally mix in the flour and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tins and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes for the miniature bundts (check after 25 minutes) and 40 minutes for the larger bundts (again check after 30 minutes). My oven temperature is wonky so these are probably over-estimations!
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar or orange glaze.