I have a confession to make. I am addicted to cookbooks. This time, I'm going to blame Choclette over at Chocolate Log Blog. She wrote an excellent review on Honeybuns gluten-free baking and I just had to buy one! Her custard creams alone were enough to win me over :)
I was browsing through the book and with this month's blog challenges in mind, I stopped at these pistachio pitstops. They are really easy to make and they are gluten free and dairy free! Perfect for the recipient I had in mind. I modified the recipe slightly to include pomegranates (the recipe suggested freeze-dried raspberries) Mine don't look anything like the picture in the book but they were absolutely delicious! This is my first time using fresh pomegranate and I had real trouble getting the fruit out. Does anyone have any tips? I love the bright colour of the pomegranate seeds and will be looking for recipes featuring pomegranate in the future.
I'm entering this to AlphaBakes, a month blogging challenge that I co-host with Caroline from Caroline Makes who is the host for September. The letter is "P" so this is perfect.
I'm also entering it to Made with Love Mondays hosted by Javelin Warrior where the idea is to cook from scratch using fresh ingredients.
100g pistachios, toasted
20g light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3-4 teaspoon honey
Fresh pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Toast the pistachio nuts - approximately 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Blitz the toasted pistachios, sugar, salt and honey until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Scoop out the mixture into balls using a small ice cream scoop. Flatten the mixture slightly before baking.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Immediately sprinkle fresh pomegranate seeds on top of each cookie, pressing them on gently.