Sunday 21 October 2012

National Baking Week 2012




It's the end of National Baking week which ran from Oct 15th - Oct 21st 2012. I remember going to see the giant cake display last year which was at King's Cross station which you can read about here. It was in the shape of the London tube map and the tube stations had cool names related to baking. This year they've created a cake in the shape of a UK map and looks equally impressive. You can see a video of the cake assembly here. Personally, I preferred last year's design but they are both brilliant and I can't wait to see what they come up with next year! Here are some photos I took of the display this year which was at Westfield Stratford City. 













5 comments:

  1. That is a seriously impressive cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing display...all the landmarks are seriously impressive! Perhaps we should have a blogging challenge to recreate it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! You know how much I love my challenges although this might be too much for me!

      Delete
  3. Such a cool collection of creative bakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I managed to see it before it was taken away. I wonder what will happen to all the cakes now?

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!