I was contacted by the lovely people at flora to see if I wanted to try out their Flora Cuisine. I was sent a recipe book and ingredients and asked to make apple muffins on page 49.
I was really pleased with the choice as I love baking with apples especially at this time of they year. These muffins are really quick and easy to put together and tastes delicious! I love the combination of apples and cinnamon and may consider adding in nuts and or raisins next time.
Flora is currently offering readers a chance to win a copy of Let's Get Cooking and a week's worth of delicious dinners for a family of four. To be in with a chance of winning, all you have to do is to choose a dish from their cookbook which is available to download for free from their website and submit a recipe review in one of the following ways:
- Follow @OfficialFloraUK on twitter and tweet a bite sized review using the hashtag #CookbookComp
- Find the recipe on the Flora website and leave a review in the comments section below it. Then drop a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can contact you if you win.
All the recipes in their book is suggested by mums and dads on Facebook. I love using the Flora cuisine as there was no need to soften butter especially in this weather! I leave my butter out to soften but after a day it's still quite solid!
Recipe from Flora's Let's Get Cooking, page 49
Makes 12-18 cakes
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12-15 mins
115ml Flora Cuisine
115g self raising flour
115g caster or muscovado sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 dessert apples, cored and chopped into small chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Mix together the Flora cuisine, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Break in the eggs and mix together until smooth.
- Fold chopped apples into the cake mixture.
- Divide among cupcake cases, remembering not to over-fill them.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- The cakes are ready when they spring back when lightly touched with a finger.
Disclaimer : I was sent the ingredients and a copy of the cookbook free of charge to review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.