Monday 19 November 2012

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Baked Buttermilk Mini Donuts


I'm sure you all know how much I love American goodies and having made 2 trips to America this year, I've accumulated an impressive collection of American related baking ingredients and equipment. I really wanted to enter United Bakes of America hosted by Gem from Cupcake Crazy Gem and decided on a recipe that Gem herself suggested I might like back in July when I made my Olympic Mini Ring Donuts. Well it's been a few months but here it is! They were just like I imagined - a lovely (read healthier) baked peanut butter flavoured donut dipped in chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter cups. Definitely one for the peanut butter lover :)



 I knew there was a reason I bought a packet of vanilla pudding the last time I was in America! 

 Mini donut pan 

 Fresh from the oven 

 ready to eat! 

Recipe adapted from Picky Palate

93g flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
56g sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix
8 mini Peanut Butter cups , roughly mashed with a fork + extra to decorate
3/4 cup buttermilk
100g chocolate, broken into pieces
2-3 tablespoon soured cream or double cream 
  • Preheat oven to180C.
  • Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, egg, vanilla and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
  • Add mashed Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and pour in the buttermilk, stir to combine.
  • Scoop batter into prepared donut pan (in batches if necessary). Bake for 8-10 minutes, until baked through.
  • Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
  • To prepare the chocolate ganache, melt the chocolate in a microwave or ina bowl over a pan of simmering water.
  • Stir in the cream and mix until smooth.
  • Dip tops of donuts in chocolate and decorate with chopped up mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.


13 comments:

  1. Wow - I have never seen donut's like it! Seriously impressive and a shugar overload ... must get me some ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A mini sugar overload then as they are bite sized :)

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Amazing. They would be perfect for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too. My party bag has lasted a long time - it was definitely a good buy!

      Delete
  4. um... oh my flipping gawd these look good... PEASE send my way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They are tiny so it's easy to keep popping them in your mouth!

      Delete
  5. These scream 'U.S.A' and look perfect Thanksgiving treats Ros! Can I have any leftovers Dom hasn't taken?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing amazing amazing! They look so mouth wateringly delish, and I'm so jeal of your mini doughnut pan! When this first came up in my reader, I was thinking I've seen a recipe for those before - I completely forgot I suggested it to you! So glad you got around to trying them out! and what a fantastic uba! Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I got to join in this month as I probably won't for the next few months. They were really good and the mini donut pan was a real bargain!

      Delete
  7. When Rogers' emails are not working correctly, you should check the cause and solve the problem. The problem might be caused by cookies or cache stored in the browser. Rogers's email is only functioning properly when you clear the stored data. When you have an outdated browser, you might be experiencing the issue. Hence, you must keep your browser updated to ensure Rogers's email is working properly. Your Rogers email settings SMTP might not be configured correctly, which contributes to the issue.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!